DCM Wizard

I have a design that synthesizes to run at a little over 200 MHz. I want to make the design run at 200 MHz on the Spartan 3 board too. I generated the .xaw file by using the Frequency Synthesizer in the DCM Wizard. What I am actually trying to do is.....program the board, but I dont know where to use the .xaw file while programming. Could any of you please let me know how to include the .xaw file while (i) programming the FPGA with the download cable or (ii) programming the PROM by download cable, and then have the PROM program the FPGA.

--rsriragh

Reply to
rsriragh

I have a design that synthesizes to run at a little over 200 MHz. I want to make the design run at 200 MHz on the Spartan 3 board too. I generated the .xaw file by using the Frequency Synthesizer in the DCM Wizard. What I am actually trying to do is.....program the board, but I dont know where to use the .xaw file while programming. Could any of you please let me know how to include the .xaw file while (i) programming the FPGA with the download cable or (ii) programming the PROM by download cable, and then have the PROM program the FPGA.

--rsriragh

Reply to
rsriragh

HI In my mind, xaw files have to be used within your ISE project You have to synthesize, translate, map and place&route before b able to generate an bitstream or an MCS file which then could be use to program your FPGA or PROM

If you have the ISE project, you should add this xaw file into it

Reply to
seb_tech_fr