DCM usage question

such a application

40MHz clkin, 20MHz clkdv output and 30MHz clkfx output use clk0 feedback to clkfb

can both the clkdv and clkfx's de-skew be guaranteed?

Reply to
Yu Haiwen

Howdy Yu,

What exactly do you mean by the "clkfx de-skew" portion of your question? Considering that there is no fixed phase relationship between asynchronous clocks (like your 30 MHz and 40 MHz), what good would the de-skew be?

If you post a more complete description of your application, it would likely result in multiple responses, possibly each outlining a different way to meet your requirements.

Good luck,

Marc

Reply to
Marc Randolph

Thanks for your suggestion. Let me explain the situation.

When we use the DLL function of DCM. All DCM output clocks are phase-aligned to CLK0 and, therefore, are also phase-aligned to the input clock. There's no problem if I only use one of the clkdv output or clkfx output. But now I want to use both the tow output clocks, can they still both phase-aligned to clkin?

I've read the Xilinx answer record 12582, which sugest to use tow DCMs in series. Though my application is a little different, and I'm thinking how about using tow DCMs in parallel. Would there be any improvement?

Reply to
Jay

Reply to
Peter Alfke