DCM CLK driving load problem

hi ,

i have a probelm while i am using the DCM for clock mutiply. i am using single DCM for my virtex 2 pro device. i have two sub modules and a top module. i need to use DCM in all the 3 modules (2 sub modules and top module). so i invoked dcm and component instantiation in all the 3 modules. but i am facing the problem while i am mapping . its throwing the error... like

error: ERROR:LIT - IPAD symbol "clk77p76" is driving more than one loads. IPAD can only drive a single IBUF or two IBUFDS. If you are using a BUF instead of an IBUF, it may have been simplified, please use an explicit IBUF instead.

can my dcm clk cannnot drive more than 2 loads .....

regards srik

Reply to
ekavirsrikanth

You only need to instantiate a DCM in the top module.

Reply to
Andrew Holme