DC-Fifo with write pointer confirm/clear

Hi,

I have designed a VHDL single clock FIFO with write pointer that can either be confirmed or cleared that is the read side of the fifo does see the write counters only when these have been confirmed by the write side. One application can be the confirmation of a packet including a checksum at the end. If the checksum is not correct the whole packet is not released to the read side of the FIFO. Confirmation and clearing of the write pointer does also work while read pointer is in progress (that is reading a packet received and confirmed before).

Now I want to implement the same mechanism for dual clock fifo. As a starting point I am using the Xilinx paper "xapp131.pdf" to build a dual clock fifo. What is your opinion about integrating that write pointer confirm / clear mechanism into the Xilinx module ? Where do you see pitfalls on confirming / clearing the write pointer on dual clock fifo?

Thank you for your opinion.

Rgds Andre

Reply to
ALuPin