data logging via JTAG?

Hi. I have a simple board with an Spartan 3 FPGA and a AD connected to it. The board is configured via JTAG using the Xilix Platform Cable USB (24 Mhz). What I would like to do is to capture the data from the A/D converter to the computer via JTAG. Does anybody know of a good way to do this with the Xilinx applications (Chipscope, System Generator, etc)? Or maybe with a 3rd party tool?

I appreciate any information,

JAn

Reply to
janbeck

The easiest why to do this would be with a ChipScope ILA core with the data bus connected to your ADC interface. You will be able to use the graphing option in ChipScope to visually display the data as well.

If you're only want to look at the ADC output in human time, as opposed to cycle-by-cycle, you could use a ChipScope Virtual I/O (VIO) core instead of an ILA. You won't be able to graph it, but it can display it any radix and scale that you want.

Ed

Reply to
Ed McGettigan

Hi Jan,

Have a look at Dialite

This product allows you to add instruments like monitors/switches etc at the RTL level which you can then interrogate/control using either a GUI, TCL/C++/Perl or (D)COM interface. The interface is either the native FPGA jtag TAP or a customer one. I believe that FS2
provides something similar,

Hans

Hans