Dangling all pins, DIA0 through DIA31

I'm creating a dual-port ROM, both sides are the same: 7-bit address,

32-bit data. Very simple ISE 13.3 project can be downloaded from here:
Both Implementing and Generating the bit file gives warning like this one: PhysDesignRules:812 - Dangling pin all the way from DIA0 to DIA31.

I'm aware of this page:

but am not sure if that applies here.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Testing on XC3S50A.

Reply to
aleksa

AFAIC, this is a bug and should be fixed. I'm creating a ROM, not a RAM.

Reply to
aleksa

I think this is probably OK. Have you simulated your design and/or seen that it works as you expect in hardware?

I have often seen similar warnings for unused address lines on block RAMs for Microblaze or PPC designs. The ROM and RAM are made from the same Block RAM primitives, so the same connection lines are there, even if not implemented.

Maybe somebody else will chime in with a more concrete answer though.

Steve

Reply to
sbattazzo

=BF

No, I haven't simulated it, it is too simple. (did you get the file?) And I haven't tested it with real hardware, bc that was just a test.

Maybe someone has 13.4 and has time to test it there? (synthesize and implement)

Reply to
aleksa

No. Open pins should generate a warning. Just tie them to '0'.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

OK.

But ISE should do that automatically, because there are other input pins in the BRAM that I'm not using, and ISE is not complaining about those pins.

Anyone knows how do I do that in specifically this project?

Reply to
aleksa

I've created a similar project, just replacing ROM with RAM.

  1. synthesize, implement
  2. comment and uncomment lines 46, 47
  3. synthesize, re-implement

it seems it has something to do with the WEA signal

Reply to
aleksa