Cyclotomic FFTs

I've been researching cyclotomic FFTs.  There is a lot of literature (Fedor
enko, Trifinov, Costa, etc.) about using this technique for calculating the
 syndrome and doing the Chien Search in Reed-Solomon decoders.  I'd like to
 know if anybody has actually used this in hardware.  The literature makes
bold claims about the massive 100x efficiency gains, but it seems like it's
 only useful in software.  As far as I can tell, the advantage in hardware
for a highly-parallel decoder (e.g., 64 symbols per cycle) over the convent
ional Horner Method is nonexistent.

Site Timeline