Cyclone II on Altera DE2 Board - DRAM Timing on 18 inches?

I've been scouring the newsgroups for DRAM discussions and I ran into several that discussed the timing even over "short" distances.

I'm trying to design a DRAM controller to write/read a pattern to DRAM at 18-20 inches. I'm having problems with the controller right now, but am I wasting my time? It has to be DRAM b/c we are testing the devices for a radiation environment.

I was thinking of running it at ~10-20Mhz.

Thanks, Eric

Reply to
Eric

It is a waste of time if you mean a long ribbon cable with no impedance control.

A PCB with proper termination might have a chance 10MHz. Put a scope on it.

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler