cutoff frequency

Hai,

What is the cutoff frequency range setted for communication and multimedia application??And which is the optimal FIR filter design method suited for that??

regards, faz

Reply to
fazulu deen

Hai,

What is the cutoff frequency range setted for communication and multimedia application??And which is the optimal FIR filter design method suited for that??

regards, faz

Reply to
fazulu deen

Between 0.00001 Hz or less and 100GHz or greater depending on the application

Variable ratio multitap with adaptive confocal formalized feedback

Reply to
Icky Thwacket

Really? In fairness to the OP we ought to mention the possibility of polyglobular phase-incontrovertible Tchebyshev locus diagrams. I find them invaluable for completing my sub-fusc harmonic variance charts for phase-denibulized channels.

--
Jonathan Bromley, Consultant

DOULOS - Developing Design Know-how

jonathan.bromley@MYCOMPANY.com
http://www.MYCOMPANY.com

Jonathan Bromley

Hai,

Between 0.00001 Hz or less and 100GHz or greater depending on the application

Can i say the cutoff frequency range can fall anywhere inbetween

0.0001hz to 100Ghz for communication and multimedia application..??

Variable ratio multitap with adaptive confocal formalized feedback

can u suggest among the following which is the optimal filter design method for the above applications..

1.equiripple 2.window 3.constant least squares 4.complex equiripple 5.interpolated FIR

regards, faz

Reply to
fazulu deen

Yes probably

Over the frequency range in question, probably a generalized mix of all of them.

Reply to
Icky Thwacket

Yes you are right - forgot about that one - thanks for reminding me. -- although I don't think they are quite as accurate in the sub Hz range due to non convergence of the cyclohelical semidisquashed hydronoid reciprocity function.

Reply to
Icky Thwacket

But a 100GHz cutoff frequency is required only to avoid quantum matter aliasing with high resolution graviton lenses and holoemitters.

--
Frank Buss, fb@frank-buss.de
Frank Buss

Hai,

Can i say the cutoff frequency range can fall anywhere inbetween

0.0001hz to 100Ghz for communication and multimedia application..?? Yes probably

Do u mean to say that for communication and multimedia application i can design a FIR low pass or High pass or band pass or band reject filter with cutoff frequency fall anywhere inbetween 0.0001hz to

100Ghz?which means can i select cutoff frequencies of FIR LP.HP,BP,BR filters in this range??

regards, faz

ems.de

Reply to
fazulu deen

As Icky Thwacket wrote, probably yes.

Ok, at the risk of spoil the party: Of course, before writing this as an answer for your homework exercise, you should think a bit (or trying Google and Wikipedia) about the frequencies of audio and video, the usage for filters and what are the reproducer limits, like speakers.

--
Frank Buss, fb@frank-buss.de
Frank Buss

I highly doubt it.

KJ

Reply to
KJ

Fazulu, I would drop that class and find something more focused.

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler

An equivalent question might be:

"How much flour should I use for baking?"

"And what kind of flour is the best to use?"

Do you have ANY clue what you want to bake?

Reply to
John_H

Between 0.00001 Hz or less and 100GHz or greater depending on the application

Can i say the cutoff frequency range can fall anywhere inbetween

0.0001hz to 100Ghz for communication and multimedia application..??

Variable ratio multitap with adaptive confocal formalized feedback

can u suggest among the following which is the optimal filter design method for the above applications..

1.equiripple 2.window 3.constant least squares 4.complex equiripple 5.interpolated FIR ===============

To quote someone else: search the web. You'll find more words written on that topic than you're likely to read in a lifetime. One site has for free download the entire contents of a current, published, highly regarded textbook.

Reply to
MikeWhy

Hai,

Basically i am little bit confused with FIR filter cutoff frequency and sampling frequency relation....Both the terms are very much familier to me separately but i dont know how to relate each other??

Few standard sampling frequencies for audio applications are

8,44.1,48,96,192Khz...For this sampling frequencies wat should be the minimum cutoff frequency for LP,HP,BP,BR FIR filter....

example fs=3D8khz...fc=3D???

regards, faz

Reply to
fazulu deen

Basically i am little bit confused with FIR filter cutoff frequency and sampling frequency relation....Both the terms are very much familier to me separately but i dont know how to relate each other??

Few standard sampling frequencies for audio applications are

8,44.1,48,96,192Khz...For this sampling frequencies wat should be the minimum cutoff frequency for LP,HP,BP,BR FIR filter....

example fs=8khz...fc=???

========= It depends. Do you want a lot of FIR? Or just a little? Do you want it to tap a lot? Or just a little? To get you started, try Fc = 3 kHz. Try selecting minimum order, -124 dB at 4 kHz stop band. That will sharply de-fir 24 bit audio. Work with the chart to see how much FIR is sneaking through. Play with it a few days. Implement the filters, and listen to the effect. Adjust it from there to your liking. I'm sure it will all make sense very soon. If it taps more than you like, try a windowing function in the frequency domain instead.

In general, read the help files. Also, search the web for filter design. Wikipedia has good, broad coverage on many topics. You might find it a suitable starting point.

Reply to
MikeWhy