Custom IP and BFM simulation help

I created some IP with the EDK wizard. It is only a 64-bit register--trying to understand how BFM simulation works before I simulate my real design. The IP wizard generated files to do the simulation. After following the readme provided (and fixing a bug or two in the make file) I was able to get ModelSim to display the waveform based on all the default files. I am assuming now to do my own testing, I should modify the 'sample.bfl' file? Am I correct? If so, I can't find any decent documentation on how to do so or that describes this bus-functional language. If the sample.bfl is not the right place to tweak things, where do I need to look? Anyone who has done this before have any advice? I can provide more info on what I have tried if it helps you to help me!

Thanks, Joey

Reply to
Joseph

Paul Hartke