Custom compilation step in Quartus

Hi y'all :

We create our .mif files by running a custom analysis program on a set of data files.

I'd like to include this in the compile process.

Whilst I can find interfaces to various EDA tools, I can't find a "just run this program prior to compilation" option

Is this possible ?

Thanks Gary

Reply to
Gary Pace

No, but... You can Synthesis the project from the command line.

Create a batch file. a) run your mif creator. b) run Quartus (-sh I believe) c) run programmer

Note Quartus returns ErrorLevels unlike ISE. Read the Scripting manual (its new with 4.2?)

And document it, so that when it breaks someone else can fix it for you. ;D

Martin Riddle

Thanks.

Reply to
Gary Pace