CRC-32 in spatan-3

hi all,

I have to design a VHDL CRC-32 rtl macro cell (100BASE-T framing) for my tiny MAC design.

I have to place my macro in a small spartan-3 where each Flip-Flips are precious.

Is that possible to place a part of my CRC-32 in a LUT based shift register (feature of virtex to spartan-3).

Since CRC-32 = x32 + x26 + x23 + x22 + x16 + x12 + x11 + x10 + x8 + x7 + x5 + x4 + x2 + x + 1, is that possible to do the job with LUTs based shift register.

I know a lut only has 1 output, but is that possible to do partial shifts, like x31

Reply to
Amontec Team

A Random Mike

Reply to