Counter

In my state machine I would like to add a counter which is used to increment and address each time through a certain state. Whats the best way to implement this? I've tried defining a signal but not sure where to initialize it. Do I add and init state to the state machine? or is there another way?

Thanks, Joel

Reply to
weddick

schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@webx.sUNCHnE...

increment and address each time through a certain state. Whats the best way to implement this? I've tried defining a signal but not sure where to initialize it. Do I add and init state to the state machine? or is there another way?

You can add an (a)synchronus reset to the state machine. But why not simply trying? If the clock frequency ist too high, many differetn ways will work.

Regards Falk

Reply to
Falk Brunner