Corrupt Xilinx 18vxx poms

I'm using a Xilinx 18V04 prom and find that it occasionaly loses it's program. I can program the prom without a problem. I use it for months, and then one dy when I turn on the board, some of the bits on the prom are incorrect. If I reprogram the prom everything works normally again. This has happened on several different cards. Has anyone else seen this problem. I searched through the archives on this newsgroup, and found someone with the exact same problem, but no solution was offered. I contacted xilinx, and they have one of the parts that failed, but claim nothing is wrong with it. Any information would be much appreciated.

Reply to
Virtex_User

Hi,

A couple things to check.

Please ensure you're using 5.2i service pack 3 iMPACT for programming. After that, can you please perform a verify?

If you've checked this already, can you please open/reopen a case with the Xilinx hotline and e-mail me directly with your case number? I'll work with you and the hotline regarding this issue.

Regards, Wei Xil> I'm using a Xilinx 18V04 prom and find that it occasionaly loses it's

Reply to
Chen Wei Tseng

See also Xilinx Answer Record 14444

"XC18V00/XC1700 - PROM frozen after the power cycling test, configuration fails after power-on reset/initial power up"

Brian

Reply to
Brian Davis