Coregen to generate a ROM of 32X1500 using LUT to construct multiplexer.

When I choose Distribute Memory -> Depth 2048 -> Width 64 -> ROM -> LUT based, and my .coe file contains only 1500 words, what will ISE do during the P&R? Will it save the 548 words or implement them with zeros anyhow?

My FPGA has ample LUT remaining, but little BRAM. I need to plug in some more data which is meant to be put in the BRAMs. Where is the place I can store these data?

Reply to
Acceed See

depends on how the rom is generated. You can actually get it to create a smaller ROM if lines are duplicated and it will reduce further that the 548 missing lines. You should however define any unused locations even if they get optimised out.

Simon

P&R?

these

Reply to