coregen on webpack 8.1

I have generated a DP ram core in webpack 8.1, and it creates the VHD files and templates. When I synthesize a file that instantiates a cor component it creates a 'black box' as I believe it should. When I try t implement the file, however, it complains" ERROR:NgdBuild:604 - logical block 'DPRAM' with type 'wrapped_dpram' coul not be resolved. A pin name misspelling can cause this, a missing edif o ngc file, or the misspelling of a type name. Symbol 'wrapped_dpram' is not supported in target 'spartan2'.

evidently because it can't find the .edn file (edif netlist) even thopug it's right there in the directory. Help!!!! Anybody know what's goin on?

BTW I am a relative newcomer to Webpack, although I have used previou versions successfully, but never with cores.

Reply to
ascaples

Have you set the macro path setting (Translate option) to where your edif or ngc file is located?

John Adair Enterpoint Ltd. - Home of Raggedstone1. The £50 Spartan-3 Development Board.

John Adair

Isn't 'wrapped_dpram' a VHDL file? Include it in your project or cut & paste the code into your original file. if wrapped_dpram is the black box instantiation and the tool generated an .ngo or .edf file, John Adair's suggestion gets you going.

Reply to
John_H