CoolRunner 2 CPLD

I want to know if the X2c family (coolrunner II) have a non-volatile program memory inside its package: I would like a non-volatile memory (eeprom...) that contains the "programs" also when it's extinguished (and with a number of macrocells comparable with a small/medium fpga). However I would know the name of a low-power, non-volatile program memory family (CPLD). Another question: can I use the XC9500 programmer (seen here:

to program the X2c family (or where I can find some programers for the CPLD package)?

Thanks Duccio

Reply to
Duccio

The schematic that you link points to is the Parallel Cable III and is used as a basis of many 3rd party programming cables like ourselves. It will usually program Coolrunner2 parts as well as XC9500 parts.

I am not quite sure what your CPLD question refers to but both Lattice and Altera also have CPLD offerings. Even the biggest CPLDs are generally smaller than smallest FPGAs in effective logic size.

John Adair Enterpoint Ltd. - Home of Hollybush1. The PC104+ Spartan-3 Development Board.

John Adair

There are a number of players in the On-Chip memory PLD devices

In the CPLD arena

Xilinx X2Cxx you mention Lattice ispMACH4000z family Atmel ATF15xASL/BE family,

In the FPGA fabric, but promoted as CPLD or Crossover devices These make more sense as the macrocell count climbs. These are not quite as low power as the 'Z' style CPLDs above, but are less than the hungry FPGAs.

lattice ispMACH_XO Altera MAX II

and NV FPGAs are also from Actel - various families Lattice

..but you will have already looked at the vendors web sites ?

Check on the ISP software, for the cables supported.

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville