Control of physical layer in a 802.11b

Hi,

I am developing the physical layer of one 802.11b transceiver, I have designed the DBPSK, DQPSK, CCK modulators, scrambler, etc ... and now I have a doubt: How can I control them? ... I will explain the reason of my doubt:

As you know, the frame has three parts: preamble, header and data ... the preamble can be trasmitted at 1 Mbps, the header at 2Mbps and data at 5.5Mbps ... How can the physical layer know when it must change the modulation. A finite state machine?? a microcontroller? ... I am not sure about that.

To complete the context I can say that: I am developing it with SPW (Coware) and my objetive is implement it into FPGA.

Thanks.

Jajo

Reply to
jajo