Configuring an Altera Serial Prom/Flash using a 8051 CPU

Hi

Has anyone experience with prgramming a serial prom/flash like the EPCS16 using a 8051 compatible uP. It looks like srunner C code from Altera has some some useable rutines but a

8051 device driver and file driver is needed.

Hi Peter

Reply to
handyman

Hi handyman,

The file driver is only needed to get the raw binary bytes in on a PC - if running on an 8051 you could just take data from a UART or I2C.

The 8051 device driver needs to be hand-rolled - it completely depends on which port pins SDI, SDO, SCK and CS are mapped. The PC version uses the parallel port to do its stuff. This bit should take less than one day to write and debug; the file-I/O completely depends on how you want to feed the actual configuration data to the 8051.

Best regards,

Ben

Reply to
Ben Twijnstra