Configure registers of CMOS Sensor by Spartan3

Hi, I am trying to configure the registers on the MT9T001 Image sensor using a Spartan3 board.

I fed a 50MHz to the SCLK, the SDATA is pull-up by 3.3V, and after feeding the start bit and 16bit address, it does not reply with an acknowledge bit. I read the acknowledge by setting the I/O as 'Z'. I am wondering if I am doing the tri-state correctly.

Thanks.

A fragment of my codes...

signal msgb : std_logic :='0'; cam_sdata

Reply to
Kicn

Looks like the data line is open drain with a 1.5K pullup resistor. To send a high, one has to tristate the output. To send a '0', one drives the signal to '0' SCLK probably is supposed to run at 100KHz Looks like there is ack about every 8 bits. Might want to look at an I2C specification to see how a similar/same bus operates.

Reply to
Newman

Reply to
Kicn