Complex digital ICs visual simulation?

Hi there!

If I e.g. place a RAM component into MultiSim, will it simulate
it? I.e. can I (using switches and hex displays) write on the
RAM and then read back? Is the IC really simulated, or it's just
a graphic symbol?

If so, is there any other program that will do it?

Thanks!
--
Mike

Re: Complex digital ICs visual simulation?

[snip]

Thanks for your reply. I managed to enter data into the simulated
RAM via switches, and read it back correctly using hex displays.

But, ain't it possible to directly load a binary file into the
simulated RAM (or EPROM) to initialize its values?

I'd like to design a very simple CPU, and having to load the program
each time via switches is, to say the very least, tedious.

Thanks!
--
Mike

Re: Complex digital ICs visual simulation?
Hi, Michael!

You might want to take a peek at

http://www.xs4all.nl/~averschu/idass /

Instead of having to load RAM's by throwing (virtual) switches, you
can just enter data by typing away - saves and loads Intel HEX as well.

Greetings and hav vun,

Ad Verschueren

Site Timeline