Command line quartus_pgm very slow

Hi folks,

I have a question regarding the use of the command line quartus programmer tool under Linux. I have been using for a while, and I noticed that this latter one was *very* slow (10x) compared to the GUI version.

It seems that the programmer hangs on somthing for 15 secodns or so before actually starting to download the bitstream. Does anybody on this newsgroup knows how to solve this issue ?

Thanks in advance,

Steven

Reply to
Steven Derrien

Might be a shot in the dark, but I've noticed that some of the Altera command line tools have been running at a very low priority. Try to run as:

nice -n -20 quartus_pgm ...

You probably have to be root in order to do that.

Petter

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?