Clock signal remains HIGH forever in Spartan-3 Starter Kit from Digilent

Hi,

I have a problem with my Spartan-3 Starter Board from Digilent (FPGA xc3s400-5ft256). The clock (at pin T9) is always HIGH so the combinational logic works well but obviously the sequential logic doesn't work (flip-flops don't transition).

The first thing I did when I bought the board was check it with s3demo and it worked fine, but later (I didn't change anything), after the first programing clycles the problem arose.

The oscillator on the board (50MHz) works well, I think the problem is in the FPGA itself or with de tools (I use ISE 8.1i without Service Packs). Any idea?

Sorry for my poor english.

Thanks, Javi

Reply to
Javi

Ok, I'm going to answer myself.

The solution is to use a IBUFG component from Xilinx Library Unisim, but Why? Very interesting issue... I'm investigating this more deeply.

Javi ha escrito:

Reply to
Javi