Clock recovery chip for electirical interfacing of LXT6155 to SPECTRA chip

Hi, I want to design an electrical interface for my stm-1 card. This card uses PMC5342 (SPECTRA) chip from PMC-Sierra for overhead termination. Spectra chip only has optical output. I want to use LXT6155 (stm-1 transceiver for coax cable or fiber). The problem with spectra is that LXT6155 gets data and clock signal from system side (in serial mode), but Spectra encodes data and clock signal on the single line, so I need to extract clock and data signal from spectra outputs. There are some chipsets for this in the market. I am not sure about this design, because i have seen some stm-1 boards from other vendors with Spectra and LXT6155 chipsets, but they have'nt use any clock and data recovery chipsets. Please guide me about this. Best regards Masoud Naderi.

Reply to
Masoud Naderi