clock generation

hi

i have a basic doubt in fpga implementation. i am new to this. i have made a stepper motor controller and implenting it on a DE1 board. i have no problem in simulation. everything is working fine. when i am about to program it onto board, i have to do pin assignments. i have a clock signal and control signals as input and drive pulses as output. while doing pin assignments on the board i have given the outputs onto the I/O pins of the board. inoder to give a clock signal input for my program i have use a inbuilt 50Mhz signal. it is having a value=PIN_L1. i have given it. but that signal is not taken by the program when implementing on the borad

so what i need is how to give a clock signal. cant i use that inbuilt clocks on the board.?

my board supports 24Mhz, 27Mhz and 50 Mhz

Reply to
sriman

I'm not familiar with this board, but I assume that it comes with demo HDL code (VHDL or Verilog) to read switches and light the LEDs, etc. Run any demos that use the built-in clocks. If they run OK, then there is something wrong with your HDL code. HTH

-Dave Pollum

Reply to
Dave Pollum