choise of fpga platform

Hello everyone, I need some help coising a platform to programm an fpga for my project. I need a fast fpga because the signal will be proccessed @ near 800Mhz. Do you have any suggestions for the platform? I saw the Sandance solution

and it seems to me ok. If anyone can give me an advise on this it is very welcome. Thanks in advance, Tsemer.

Reply to
tsemer

Don't forget: one bit at 800MHz can be processed as eight bits at

100MHz, or sixteen bits at 50MHz. Maybe you don't need such a fast FPGA after all, but only some ingenuity about how you handle the inputs. What is the signal?

-- Jonathan Bromley, Consultant

DOULOS - Developing Design Know-how VHDL * Verilog * SystemC * e * Perl * Tcl/Tk * Project Services

Doulos Ltd., 22 Market Place, Ringwood, BH24 1AW, UK snipped-for-privacy@MYCOMPANY.com

The contents of this message may contain personal views which are not the views of Doulos Ltd., unless specifically stated.

Reply to
Jonathan Bromley

Thank you for answering my question. The signal will be from a lidar system (laser based radar system) and i need the dopler information from it. It is a project for weather information. So i want to do fft @1024 and filtering.

Reply to
tsemer