Chipscope Pro and VHDL

I was reading the manuals for Chipscope Pro and I am a bit confused. Does ChipScope Pro generate some sort of VHDL block that you place in your design and connect the appropriate signals to?

Or does it generate some vhdl code which you paste into a block?

I am using chipscope pro 6.2i. If anyone has information in regards to this, pleas elet me know. Thanks

Vivek

Reply to
Vivek

ChipScope Pro generate some sort of VHDL block that you place in your design and connect the appropriate signals to?

this, pleas elet me know. Thanks

not quite but close, CS core gen generates edif files that you can use in verilog vhdl or schematics core inserter insertst the cores directly to netlist so you would not see them at all.

coregen generates example files that provide the template you must use to access the cores. you need to connect the control port(s) from icon to all the actual cores and connect the signals and clock thats it

antti ebook.openchip.org

Reply to
Antti Lukats