chipscope pro

I have a working design where I can see the ouput on the leds .I am using a ML310 board . The design doesnt seem to work when I try to load it through chipscope pro. When I use a ILA core into my design and try to load the design on to the system it always says that "Waiting for Core to be armed, slow or stopped clock": I saw the chipscope pro answer record which says that this is due to clock.But I am giving system clock in the core inserter module. Instead of system clock if I give JTAg clock as the clock in the inserter module then the chipscope output remains static with all constant waveforms. Did anyone have a similar problem? Nitesh

Reply to
Nitesh

The message means the ILA does not capture data, with which trigger conditions are met. You can check the trigger condition again or maybe VIO will be needed.

Reply to
Pasacco

I tried the ILA tutorial example exactly the way given in the document. I tried the vio. No luck either. "waiting for core to be armed,slow or stopped clock " I tried the same stuff on a windows machine.Still no luck. I get the same result.

Reply to
Nitesh

Why don't you used Chipscope Inserter instead of instantiating ILA an ICON in your design According to my personnal experience, when Chipscope says "Waiting fo Core to be armed, slow or stopped clock", it generally means that you system clock is not working

-- Techwa

-- Techwa Partner

seb_tech_fr

I tried both ways , instantiating as well as the inserter but still no luck. Nitesh

Reply to
Nitesh

Have you double checked that you have an active clock in the FPGA?

If you connect the clock in the system to an asynchronous VIO input does it toggle?

Ed

Reply to
Ed McGettigan

Are you using "T!" (Trigger Now and Display Buffer Data Samples) button or ">" (Apply Settings and Arm Trigger) button. As well on what are you triggering (what signals)? If it is the clock then I would recommand to change that because the clock is too fast to be caught by Chipscope. I'm using the Multimedia board with 27 MHz as my clock. My trigger is not my clock it's some data signal. However I have my clock as one of my output data and all I see is a constant '0' on the clock signal output hence Chipscope can't catch it.

Hope I'm clear and hope this helps.

Peace, Moh

Reply to
melbadri

The answer record is correct. Ever use an HP logic analyzer in state mode and forget to connect the clock input? You get a similar error message.

Make sure that the ILA clock signal connects to the same clock used by the logic, and also ensure that it's actually running.

-a

Reply to
Andy Peters

The async input on VIO doesnt toggle when I map it to clock.

It is because of the clock , I am sure about that but I cannot figure out why. The system clock is ok since other designs which I download using XPS work fine. I have gone through most of the documentation files but nowhere

The problem is only when I configure through chipscope analyzer. Does anyone have any idea... Nitesh

Reply to
Nitesh

Hello all, I hadnt added a constraint file to my design hence the whole confusion. Thanks to Ed and all . Its working now. Nitesh

Reply to
Nitesh