chipscope opb monitor

I try to use the opb/iba unit of chipscope to monitor the opb bus within a simple edk design. I took the chipscope lab example as start point. I am able to see the OPB signals in chipscope, but I can not set a trigger point. For example, I want to trigger at a certain address 0xFFFFXXXX. If I wait for the triggercondition, the behaviour is the same if no condition is set (like the immediate trigger button is clicked). Another problem is: I don't see assembly or c-source code in the listing window. Do I have to tell chipscope where it can find sources? What could be wrong?

In the lab example there are three control ports instantiated at the ICON unit while only two ports are connected. I have two control ports instantiated and connected, because ISE failed at the unconnected control port (in the map phase).

Any ideas? Frank

Reply to
Frank van Eijkelenburg

Check your trigger conditions. In the trigger window, apart from specifying the value for each trigger, you also have to mention exactly which trigger condition (or a boolean combination of conditions) needs to be enabled.

/S

Frank van Eijkelenburg wrote:

Reply to
Siva Velusamy

Hello Frank, Siva,

I am also working on chipscope but it doesn't work. The error message is very strange and I suppose it is an assertion error. I use EDK8.1 SP2, ISE8.1 SP3 and Chipscope 8.1SP3. Can you tell me what is your configuration? Thanks a lot.

Sunwei

Reply to
sunwei388

EDK8.1.1, ISE8.1.3, ChipScope8.1.3

I don't have an error message (if I remove one control port from the ICON unit, but triggering doesn't work and no assembly code is shown in the listing window.

Frank

Reply to
Frank van Eijkelenburg

I find out how to trigger at a certain address (the example is not complete and clearly in the explanation). I have to connect the trigger out from the ILA unit to the trigger in of the IBA unit. In the ILA I can set the trigger at address

0xFFFFXXXX ANDed with a one at the Trace_AS signal. And in the IBA unit I set the trigger at the trigger in port. I arm the trigger of the IBA first and then the trigger of the ILA it works fine. However, I don't see any assembly code. Another problem is (I think with the same cause), I don't see the names of the signals in the ILA unit, while I did an import of the correct .cdc file.

Any suggestions or experience with this? Frank

Reply to
Frank van Eijkelenburg

window.

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your information. Maybe I need to reinstall the windows on my computer...

Sunwei

Reply to
sunwei388