chipscope/impact Virtex4 problem

Hey all,

I just made a V4 pcb and wanted to configure the FPGA through impact => this works fine, so it says that the done pin goes high and everything is ok but the code will not run because the GHIGH_B stays low ... but when i configure the fpga through chipscope everything works, the GHIGH_B goes high and the vhdl is working ... how come???

i thought they both used the same process/dll/program to configure the fpga?? i think it has something to do with the properties of the impact program ...

thanks in advance,

kind regards,

Tim Verstraete

Reply to
Tim Verstraete

"Tim Verstraete" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:AeQFe.155026$ snipped-for-privacy@phobos.telenet-ops.be...

this

but

configure

No. The configuration has been a problem at all times there is always some combination of software and cables that work and some that do not. Some times impact works and chipscope not. Sometimes chipscope does and impact not. sometimes cable IV does not work and self made cable does. etc etc etc.

A complete mess.

for V4 check the early silicon errata about JTAG maybe it applies to your chip, I think not but who knows. Hm what V4 are you using? I can add support for it into our JTAG frequence meter application, it includes config support for V4, then you could see if our software works better than impact. in the current public online version I think only LX25 is supported but we could easily add your FPGA device to the supported list just to see if it would configure

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

If you're using 7.1.03i, you may want to take a look at AR 21694:

Jim

this

but

configure

Reply to
Jim Wu

Hey, I'm using a V4SX55-FF1148 ... an no, the errata doesn't mention anything about the configuration ...

kind regards,

Tim Verstraete

Antti Lukats schreef:

Reply to
Tim Verstraete

idd, this patch has solved the virtex4 configuration problem ... i really don't know how i could overlook this AR? Thank you very much anyway ...

kind regards,

Tim Verstraete

Reply to
Tim Verstraete