ChipHit: ASIC, FPGA, EDA Search Engine

Hi,

I recently created a Google custom search engine called ChipHit at

Please take a look and provide suggestions.

I spend many hours a day searching the internet for ASIC, FPGA, and EDA tool topics as I am ASIC/FPGA applications engineer. Frequently, when searching, I would come across results from Google that would require significant digging to get to the "right" answer. It was very frustrating. One day I was searching for a particular topic and came across a feature of Google that allows you to customize the Google search engine by telling the engine to only search specific sites. So, I started populating the engine with a few sites, and quickly realized that this could be valuable to more than just me. I went home, bought the ChipHit domain name and bought some space on a web hosting service, and began madly customizing the Google search engine.

So, the next time you are searching for an ASIC, FPGA, or EDA topic, why not check out

Thanks, Ted

Reply to
ted

Initial impression is that it looks rather useful. Ta!

Reply to
RCIngham

looks interesting ...

Reply to
yttrium

Hi Ted, That's pretty cool, looks like you put a fair bit of effort into it, it seems to work well!

BTW., if the requirement is just to search a single site, e.g. xilinx.com , Google toolbar lets you create a custom search button. You install the toolbar, navigate to xilinx.com, right click in the search box on that page, and choose 'Generate custom search...' . A button now appears on the toolbar. (I think I posted this before, but I was quite pleased to find it!)

HTH., Syms.

Reply to
Symon

Thanks!

As for the button, ChipHit lets you add it's search engine to Firefox's search engine pulldown as well as IE 7's search engine pulldown. That way, if you need a quick answer you can pulldown your list of search engines, select ChipHit, and search away!

To add it, simply goto

and select the l>

Reply to
ted