Changing directory name in Quartus

Hi,

I have a directory called "TOP_PROJECT" in which I have several submodules.

These submodules include VHDL files among each other. That can be done in QuartusII -->Projekt --> Add/Remove Files in Project There you have to specify the path of the VHDL file you want to include.

But what if I want to change the name of "TOP_PROJECT" directory to "TOP_PROJECT_X" ? Is that a problem? Are the VHDL files still included correctly?

And what if I change the directory name of a submodule ? Does Quartus update the "links" by itself or do I have to change the links manually?

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards

Reply to
ALuPin

submodules.

Hi,

After you open the moved project in the new directory, first thing is to change the 'User libraries' found in the settings menu.

Most of the times this is the only thing I need to do. In the case though, you decide to change also the name or place of a subfolder then in the Add/remove files setting you have to remove and add again from the new folders the files affected.

Hope I explained it clear enough for you to understand, if not let me know.

Christos Zamantzas at cern dot ch.

Reply to
Christos

Ok Christos,

thanks a lot.

Rgds

Reply to
ALuPin

Be very careful here. I do version control by creating a new top directory V00-00 then V00-01 etc.

I copy over all the files in the older directory and then open the project file in the new directory. It seems that I have to open and close that new project for all the directory links to be resolved but I haven't tested this completely to know that just once will work. The problem I come across is as I open bdf files in a heiarcial manner some times they refer to files in the previous directory (an earlier versioin in my case). In general it works but be careful.

George

Reply to
George