Cannot use ML310 DDR

hi,

i'm trying to work with the ddr sdram on the ml310 development board. i tried creating a simple base system with the ddr using the bsb wizard. i also changed the ucf file as in the sample file provided. however, i keep getting 'memory test - failed" when running the generated memory test program. can anybody help me?

Reply to
king_azman

Hi , I also had the same problem, but after i patched the UCF for ml310_base_design.zip everything worked fine... One of the questions that I have is where is your DDR (on the PLB or on the OPB)..I have ours set up on the OPB and everything works fine...

The other thing that I would recommend is to use one of the designs from the web.

and then try it out before you start using your own.

-- Parag

k> hi,

Reply to
beeraka

I've had similar problems with MicroBlaze designs (not PPC). I was able to use the memory only after reseting the board after programming.

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Craven

Hi..

Thanks for your input.

I've already patched the UCF (rewrite actually - coz I have different net names). I have it on my PLB - that might be the thing that I should try. But, it shouldn't be a problem right?

Yupp.. it will show successful test for all 3(32-, 16- & 8-bit test) after a few (not one) reset - but still, it's not stable.. it still fail some tests (but not all.

-k.az-

Reply to
king_azman