can't read device ID xcv200....what about the PROGRAM pin

for reading the device ID how should the PROGRAM pin be ?

thank you all
(i'm still spending hours  and days trying to do it,no way....no activity on
TDI or TDO)

here ,once ,more the things that i did:

i connected just one 1.8V supply to the VCCINT of the fpga(pin A9),it is not
easy to test it (soldering wires on a bga as i do is even worse ...)but it
looks
that it should be enough for the core,correct???or i need to

i connected in 7 points the 3.3VCCO(A2,B2,B12 , A13,G12,N1,M2) and the
ground in 3
points(A1,J1,N12)

i connected the jtag signals,TCK,TDI,TMS,TDO(this one to the level
amplifier)

I connected PROGRAM fixed to 3.3V,then i tried to connect it with TMS,same
result.....

I left M0 and M2 open,and them are high,M1 tied to ground,this for choosing
boundary scan mode

using the debug chain utility i verified that the signals are working but i
noticed that there is no movement on TMS,and of course on TDO

there is something else missing?

Thank you to everyone in the group that will help me or just will read this

Diego

Re: can't read device ID xcv200....what about the PROGRAM pin
did you connect Vccaux? (2.5V)
Aurash

 __
/ /\/\ Aurelian Lazarut
Re: can't read device ID xcv200....what about the PROGRAM pin

Well to MY knowledge Virtex-E has also no VCCAUX !?

Antti
PS To OP, I probably did not say strong enough: for
reading of IDCODE over JTAG the prog_b is "DONT CARE"
only issue is (or can be) that actualy configuration may
fail without pullup.

Re: can't read device ID xcv200....what about the PROGRAM pin

Hi
I have succesfully soldered wires to Virtex 2000 BGA and the proto did
work

prog_b needs to have an pullup to logic high level

xilinx datasheet says it has internal pullup but on Virtex family JTAG
config
does not work without external pullup, that is the JTAG chain is
accessible
but configuratio fails.

minimal connections are

GND
VCCINT
VCCIO in the bank that supply JTAG
PROG_B pullup
JTAG pins

thats all!

if those connections are ok the FPGA should get configured over JTAG

Antti
http://antti-brain.com

R: can't read device ID xcv200....what about the PROGRAM pin
Thank you again to all that answered or only spent their time reading this
post.

about pull-ups:
wich  high level?1.8V or 3.3V?
(i forgot  to say in the subject  that  i'm working,but i should better say
"crying",on a xcv200E )

and what about the MODE?should i use pull-ups or not?
this table is still not clear to me......does it means that if i dont use
external pull-ups resistors(wich value?) should i use 1 0 1 with M1
connected to ground and M2 and M0 connected directly to.......VINT or
VCCO?In few words,what is the correct mode for phisically implement the
correct configuration?

Configuration Mode M2 M1 M0 Pull-ups
Master Serial                         0 0 0 No
Slave Serial                            1 1 1 No
SelectMAP                             1 1 0 No
Boundary Scan                       1 0 1 No   <----------
Master Serial (w/pull-ups)    1 0 0 Yes
Slave Serial (w/pull-ups)       0 1 1 Yes
SelectMAP (w/pull-ups)        0 1 0 Yes
Boundary Scan (w/pull-ups) 0 0 1 Yes <----------

looks ohmically connected to every VCCINT pin
VCCIO of Banks 2 & 3 B12, G11, M13
it soon
verified

Re: R: can't read device ID xcv200....what about the PROGRAM pin

uups! I yielled at Xilinx guy about him commenting about VCCAUX,
well on Virtex-E it is also not available so it is no problem anyway.

again - M0,M1,M2  - DONT CARE
pullup of PROG_B - either 1.8 or 3.3V should be ok

but even with PROG_B pulled down JTAG chain should be scannable
can you see the IDCODE when you scan the chain?

Antti

Re: can't read device ID xcv200....what about the PROGRAM pin
you can get away (sometimes) by not connecting all the VCCIO (for the
unused banks, if these paticular banks don't have configuration pins
belonging to them)  but I'll strongly advise to connect all Vccint ans
Vccaux
Aurash

 __
/ /\/\ Aurelian Lazarut
R: can't read device ID xcv200E....what about the PROGRAM pin

can i do it with iMPACT?or only from line comands?thank you

PS   sorry again because i forget to type the "E", xcv200E

Re: R: can't read device ID xcv200E....what about the PROGRAM pin

sure you can use the impact "debug mode"

connected your cable TDI-TDO
and shoft some pattern and observer results, eg

Antti

R: can't read device ID xcv200....what about the PROGRAM pin

X4dqg.2323$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
activity
those
Thank you Bob but no doubt about the wires of my jtag controller,they  have
different color,using the debug chain of iMPACT i can verify the toggling of
the signals until the ball pin on the FPGA itself

Site Timeline