Can one use MGT clock input for global clock in Virtex4

I think I read somewhere that it is possible, but can't find it now... I tried assigning the pins in ucf, but map failed. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks, /Mikhail

Reply to
MM

Yes you may use an MGT clock as a global clock input.

You need to put a LOC constraint on the GT11CLK instance as well as the pins. Then take the column clock and run it through a BUFG, then you can use it as a global clock.

Regards,

John McCaskill

Reply to
John McCaskill