can JTAG port of CPLD gets damaged?

i am using altera cpld.using quartus 2 tool to programme it through byte blaster cable. I have installed drivers for the cable.made connections intact. i am getting error as "Unable to scan device." My assusmption was may be because of loose contacts this error was coming.but connections are intact.supply are proper,still i cann't programme cpld. is there any possibility of jtag port of cpld being damaged? i had programmed the cpld through the same method.but today i am not able to programme it,nor erase cpld.what the functionality cpld do have stored in it,still there.

waiting for some suggestions.

Thanks Mohan

Reply to
mohan

Of course it's possible. It's not at all common with some types of devices to blow some of their I/O's while others and the core remain apparently functional.

But I doubt it's the most probable problem. Much more likely something is strange with your board, programmer connection, or computer configuration.

The logic thing to do in an industry environment would be to try another board/device with the same programmer setup. I take it you don't have another available?

Reply to
cs_posting

Thanks for the reply. But i have cheked the connections.thery are intact.i think that might be problem of jtag port being damaged. can i use xilinx parallel IV cable to download in altera cpld.

Reply to
mohan