Can ILMB and DLMB of Microblaze be 24kByte?

Hello,

I'm trying to get my ILMB and DLMB of my microblaze to be 24kBytes, but I am only given an option of powers of two. Is there any way around this?

Thanks, Dale

Reply to
Dale

You can instantiate 16K and 8K BRAM blocks on the LMB, at contiguous addresses. However, I think that the data2mem tool (which stuffs ELFs into BRAM) will not recognise them as a contiguous memory space. This might introduce some complications for you, but shouldn't be a showstopper.

Regards,

John

Reply to
John Williams

I did it on EDK 6.1 and 7.1, without problems. Don't know about EDK

8.1, but I have the feeling that it will work right away

Regards,

Zara

Reply to
Zara