can i use gcc of EDK?

Hi All, Iam working on a MPEG project for which Iam using the ML403 board. Iam new to this platfrom.

My question is: Do i need to have a linuxppc kernel on top of the hardware or can i use the gcc commands supported by EDK to build my application and build the final image without the underlying linuxppc kernel ? Kindly suggest.

Thanks in advance.

Ramesh

Reply to
ramesh

No need of linux ppc ... you can use the gcc alone

but you have to understand that you can't use any of the services provided by the os or the glibc/uclibc ... nor can you use c++ probably (as the libstdc++ will undoubtly depends on the libc ...)

Reply to
Sylvain Munaut