C program to big for microblaze?

There is no way to rwrite it more effecient, and btw: its only 200 lines, thats nothing

Reply to
Clemens Ragger

Hi

I am working with Microblaze on an Xilinx ML300 board. I have added more C code to my program which is testing my own FSL IP Core When I try to add more C Code to my program for the FPGA I get the following error:

mb-gcc -O2 TestApp/src/TestApp.c -o TestApp/executable.elf \

-mno-xl-soft-mul -Wl,-T -Wl,TestApp/src/TestAppLinkScr -I./microblaze_0/include/ -L./microblaze_0/lib/ \

-xl-mode-executable \

mb-ld: region ilmb_cntlr is full (TestApp/executable.elf section .bss_stack)

make: *** [TestApp/executable.elf] Error 1

Done.

Is there not enough memory for the C Code available? So that I just have to generate a new Microblaze core which has more RAM available?

Or what could be the reason for this? THanks for any hint Clemens

Reply to
Clemens Ragger

Maybe you need to rewrite your program so its smaller when compiled? Actualy although I am not a big fan of embedded processors within FPGAs it does make people rediscover the art of writing efficient code.

Reply to
Jezwold

Hi,

How much lmb memory do you have in your system? If you just build your application, how much code and stack space is reported? The error reports that the program doesn't fit.

if you using something like printf, it will consume a lot of code space and stack space.

Göran

Clemens Ragger wrote:

-I./microblaze_0/include/

Reply to
Göran Bilski

Agree with Göran Bilski. Suggestion:1. Modify your program by replacing 'printf' with 'Xil_printf' for the latter is slimer. And so on. 2. Rebuild your system by adding more memory if there is still Bram avaiable. 3. When 1/2 both failed,try to load your program totally in SDRAM,that needs a little trouble,for you have to consider how to load your program into the SDRAM. Good luck!

Reply to
Jeffsen

Thanks for all your hints

But increasing the BRAM was enough, so everything is working properly now!

Ciao

Reply to
Clemens Ragger