ByteBlaster fails on Windows 98

Dear colleagues,

The ByteBlaster works fine with MaxPlus 9.4 / Windows 95 but fails with MaxPlus 10.2 / Windows 98.

"Unrecognized device or socket is empty"

Any clue ?

Nordic regards, Yuri

Reply to
Yuri Tregubov

There is a new driver, the ByteBlaster II, which I found I needed for MaxPlus

10.2 on Windows 2000. I don't know whether Windows 98 is supported or not. It was a royal pain to find the driver, install it, and get it working. There's probably a FAQ somewhere to cover this information step-by-step but I don't know where it is.

Charles B. Cameron

Reply to
Cameron, Charles B.

I'm sure my home-made version of the Byte Blaster worked OK with Win98 SE. It works OK with WinME. Both with MaxPlus 10.2.

Leon

--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
Email: aqzf13@dsl.pipex.com

Il 3 Feb 2004 04:49:32 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Yuri Tregubov) ha scritto:

my home made byteblaster and byteblasterMV work fine, with MaxPlus

10.2 / Windows 98 on an old Dell laptop.

SB

--------------------------------------------------- togli i caratteri accentati per rispondere via mail

Reply to
Simone Bern

Isn't this an error message for the MPU programmer? Are you sure you are configured to use a ByteBlaster? (in the Options/Hardware Setup menu)

Alan Nishioka snipped-for-privacy@accom.com

Reply to
Alan Nishioka

Dear friends,

Could your check and then post your BIOS LPT port settings for me ?

Thank you in advance, Yuri

Reply to
Yuri Tregubov

I just dug out my home-made ByteBlaster clone and an old Flex10K10 board of mine and checked that they still worked with MaxPlus 10.2. Configuration with a simple test function worked OK. I'm using WinME with the port configured for EPP operation.

Leon

--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
Email: aqzf13@dsl.pipex.com
My low-cost Philips LPC210x ARM development system:
http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller/lpc2104.html
Reply to
Leon Heller

Further to the above, I'm actually using an ISA EPP parallel port card for the ByteBlaster. The motherboard parallel port is connected to my printer. I use the EPP port for other devices like Xilinx and ARM JTAG interfaces.

Reply to
Leon Heller

10.2 on Windows 2000. I don't know whether Windows 98 is supported or not. It was a royal pain to find the driver, install it, and get it working. There's probably a FAQ somewhere to cover this information step-by-step but I don't know where it is.

Check out

Seshan Altera Corp

Reply to
sesh67