Byteblaster Download cable schematics not available from altera site

Hello everybody,

I was planning to get into fpgas/cplds but don't really want do buy an expensive starterkit. As an older post indicated altera has published the schematics of their byteblaster download cable. However it was not listed on the site and a google link

only gives a file not found error.

Does anybody of you have the file (dsbyte.pdf) and could send it to me, or point me to an alternative download location.

Your help is appreciated,

Florian Student

Reply to
Florian Student

Florian Student wrote

see page 4 of

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler

The only change to the MV is the replaacement of the LS244 with a HC244 to make it work also at 3.3V.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

If you are doing jtag can't you use the xilinx cable design.

Steve

error.

Reply to
Steve Casselman

I doubt, since the driver is specific to the part. This ByteblasterMV is done in an evening with selfetching.

Rene

Steve Casselman wrote:

Reply to
Rene Tschaggelar

Thank you Mike, thank you Rene

Kind regards, Florian Student

Reply to
Florian Student

You can make a cable that works with just wire, connectors and 100 ohm resistors. To use it, you have to use the version of Altera's JAM-ISP program I have here on my PC. If no-one else gives you a good solution, I'll see if I can send you what you need.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith