Bus Macros

To my understanding, bus macros are tri-state buffers at relative fixed positions according to XAPP290. I'd like to implement my own bus macros to be used for a small detacheable module (run-time reconfiguration), but I cannot find a way to instantiate the tristate primitives in CLBs in my VHDL. I could only get tristates by specifying this:

output

Reply to
praetorian

You can instantiate BUFT. See the libraries guide in the online documentation. By the way, a BUFT actually implements:

output

Reply to
Gabor

I was looking through the Virtex 2/Virtex 2Pro User Guide (ug012.pdf). The guide does not have anything regarding the BUFT inside a CLB. Could you give me a link to the libraries guide you are talking about?

Thank you

Reply to
praetorian

if you have installed ISE you can get there from the Project Navigator Help menu under "online documentation". It's also on the web at:

This l> Gabor wrote:

Reply to
Gabor

Are you looking for bi directional I/O, or a one way?

Reply to
Correlious

it would be one way

Reply to