BRAM initialization / bitstream configuration

Hi , The bitstream takes heed of BRAM , so my questions are :

  • Is it true that all the zeros that we localise in the beginning of configurable part ( of bitstream) correspond to BRAM initialization ?
  • how could i initialize BRAM differently ?

Thank you !

M.B

Reply to
bamboutcha9999

M.B.

(data2mem tool)

Describes how you place the program binary into a BRAM so it may be executed by the soft or hardened processor in the FPGA.

For initializing the BRAM contents using VHDL, or verilog:

If you do nothing, BRAM is automatically initialized to all 0's by default by the bitstream (if nothing else is specified, BRAMs will have

0's for their contents in the bitstream).

Austin

Reply to
austin

Austin ,