Bodged up 10/100 Ethernet & USB on FPGA.

All, I'm building a prototype board and I've the opportunity to try out a few things. One idea I've toyed with is being able to communicate with an FPGA using Ethernet. I've looked at Jean P. Nicolle's site,

, and he's done some interesting stuff. Anyway, I've not got much time for research, my plan is to layout an RJ45 with integrated magnetics, bias the Virtex2P FPGA side to about 1.2V and try to communicate using the LVDSEXT I/Os. I'll put a balanced termination resistor network between the RJ45 and the FPGA. I notice you can get RJ45's with USB connectivity. JW0-0009 from
so I'll wire the USB up to the FPGA as well, in the hope that I might be able to drive a USB pen drive at some point. I'll connect 5V to the USB power pins, and two 3.3V Vcco FPGA pins to the USB signal pins with the appropriate 15k pull down resistors Anyway, as I said, time is short, anybody done this before and willing to share any ideas and gotchas? Remember, I'm not trying to meet exact specs, just get something working so I can concentrate on the logic design. TIA, Syms.

Reply to
Symon