Bit serial, book, other info???

Hello

Iím looking for some good book about bit serial programming. Iím interested
in learning about it to implement functions bit serially in VHDL.

The only book I have found is ďVLSI Signal Processing: A Bit-Serial
 ApproachĒ, but I donít think itís available any more.

Or if you know of some page on the web that has some info on the subject.

/Sweden

Re: Bit serial, book, other info???

Here is a search that found 4 copies when I ran it:

http://dogbert.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?y10%&tn=VLSI+Signal+Processing%3A+A+Bit-Serial+Approach&x30 %

Philip

Philip Freidin
Fliptronics

Re: Bit serial, book, other info???

That is about the only book I've seen on bit serial. It is certainly the
only thing I've seen that has comprehensive coverage of the entire
topic. It is not really easy reading, but it does contain good
information. You can find it used if you look. It took me about 3 months
to find a copy, but when I did there were suddenly 4 or 5 available.

--
--Ray Andraka, P.E.
Re: Bit serial, book, other info???

interested

Re: Bit serial, book, other info???

Try also googling for '"digit serial"'  I think that
'bit-serial' is the simplest case of 'digit-serial', so
processing algorithms are likely shared.

Minnesota uni has worked on fixed function math engines
using digit serial processing, and did have a project for a
general-purpose processor based on these techniques.

Jan Cooombs
--
murray-microft ltd

Site Timeline