Bit serial, book, other info???

Hello

I?m looking for some good book about bit serial programming. I?m interested in learning about it to implement functions bit serially in VHDL.

The only book I have found is ?VLSI Signal Processing: A Bit-Serial Approach?, but I don?t think it?s available any more.

Or if you know of some page on the web that has some info on the subject.

/Sweden

Reply to
Elektro

Here is a search that found 4 copies when I ran it:

Philip

Philip Freidin Fliptronics

Reply to
Philip Freidin

That is about the only book I've seen on bit serial. It is certainly the only thing I've seen that has comprehensive coverage of the entire topic. It is not really easy reading, but it does contain good information. You can find it used if you look. It took me about 3 months to find a copy, but when I did there were suddenly 4 or 5 available.

--
--Ray Andraka, P.E.
401/884-7930     Fax 401/884-7950

                                          -Benjamin Franklin, 1759
Reply to
Ray Andraka

I will search the internet for more information and se if I can get that book. :-)

"Ray Andraka" skrev i meddelandet news:BYfze.27300$FP2.4569@lakeread03...

interested

Reply to
Elektro

Try also googling for '"digit serial"' I think that 'bit-serial' is the simplest case of 'digit-serial', so processing algorithms are likely shared.

Minnesota uni has worked on fixed function math engines using digit serial processing, and did have a project for a general-purpose processor based on these techniques.

Jan Cooombs

--
murray-microft ltd
Reply to