best machine setup for ISE ??

Hi all, My boss has authorized me to purchase a new machine(dell) to be used for synthesis, translate, map and P&R. I'm looking for some suggestions on which processor P3 vs P4 vs AMD how much memory 1gig or more bus speed which brand server vs end user machine

Thanks for your help. I need to order the machine ASAP.

Thanks

Matt

Reply to
Matthew E Rosenthal

Matthew E Rosenthal

P4, hyperthreaded turned on. Allows you to do some low-intensity work while the tools are grinding away, without paying the extra cost for a multiprocessor system.

As Much As Possible (tm). ECC definatly preferred (Soft Errors Happen (tm)).

HT P4s are all the 400 MHz DDR bus, which is what you want.

High end workstation.

Disk is less important, you want reasonably fast but reliability counts for more.

Nicholas C. Weaver

Is that 200MHz?

Reply to
Tim

400 MHz DDR, IIRC. Data transfer rate is 800 MHz.
Nicholas C. Weaver