beleive

I can hardly beleive, that when a single FPGA may cost up to 2000$, there is no space for a few hundred kilo- maybe megabytes of information in an age, when a terabyte costs around a few 100$s. Or does it generate such a big traffic, without return o investment? Someone tell me please the mail address of the marketing and financial freaks at Xilinx! I would like to donate them my PC and a portion of my 512kpbs bandwith for the purpuse...

Reply to
fbv999

Well FPGAs *do* hold up to megabytes of memory... configuration memory, that is.

Do you want more BRAM?

Reply to
want.a.friendlier.world

I think (insofar as one can make out what he's on about at all) it's a complaint about some information missing from the Xilinx web site.

Mike

Reply to
MikeShepherd564

Ah I see that could be a more viable interpretation! Heh heh. Reminds me of something a certain someone said during a keynote in FPL2008... hmm.

Reply to
want.a.friendlier.world

You apparently haven't looked at the low-quantity pricing of the very large FPGAs. It would be really nice if they could be purchased for only $2000.

What are you blathering on about?

Reply to
Eric Smith

Well, you can if you don't mind getting it already installed on an eval board and bundled with tools...plus a premium for the extras.

Reply to
Ray Andraka

snipped-for-privacy@xilinx.com

Reply to