Basic VHDL Development kit

Well my eventual goal is to implement FPGA in my production systems so it probably makes sense to keep that in mind as I begin my first forays. My philosophy with the C I've written for the system is to keep it all as portable as possible and perhaps have lost efficiency in doing so but the products are low-volume and the cost of a bigger/faster part is far less than the cost of rewriting platform specific code. I think I will carry on that methodology with FPGAs and then look toward performance gains with platform specific optimisations if my hands get really tied.

Reply to
Tom Lucas

I'll second this recommendation. I've found Active HDL's free student edition more than enough for educational purposes.

Eli

Reply to
Eli Bendersky