AWGN in vhdl

hai..all

i am trying to make a particular snr (in dB ) awga (additive white guassian noise.) in vhdl.

pls guide me to code it.. i generated the random number using F/F and exor gate, but not getting how to generate guassian noise. pls help me

Reply to
mvjijuaie

Creating good Gaussian noise is a whole science to itself. You can approximate Gaussian noise by summing independent white noise sources (e.g., LFSRs with different numbers of taps) together. The more sources the better the curve, though you have to multiply by some constant to get the standard deviation to work out right, unless you use just the right number of sources. As I recall, using three LFSRs gives you a rough approximation of a Gaussian curve without requiring a constant multiplier. You use N bits from each LFSR and sum them. I forget where the binary point is placed exactly. But you get the idea.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Neilson