AVNET's Xilinx prototyping modules (AvBus cable?!?)

ADS.AVNET.COM has several Xilinx-based 'kits.' They also have expansion modules/daughterboards. The kit-boards and expansion-cards use an expansion bus called 'AvBus.' But when I read the product description closely, it seems that all boards use the 'female' connector.

I searched and searched AVNET for a AvBus cable, but couldn't find any. So how exactly are users supposed to use those expansion modules, if Avnet doesn't even provide a cable?!?

Reply to
hol

The kit I have ( Spartan 3 ), has both male and female, on each side of the PCB.

Reply to
Sylvain Munaut

In normal use, you'd design your module with the mating connectors to stack right on top of the evaluation board, which is how the Avnet daughter cards work.

However, they do make two AVbus "breakout" boards, try an Avnet parts search for:

ADS-AVBUS-DAU ( breakout board ) ADS-AVBUS-ADAPT ( adapter board, unpopulated ) 177983-6 ( mating AMP connector, 8 mm stack height )

Or, from Avnet's website, on the "evaluation kits" page: " AvBus Adapter This printed circuit board provides adaptability to both male and female AvBus connectors for interface cable fabrication or vertical height extension. The board is unpopulated. AvBus Breakout Module This daughtercard provides a convenient method of interfacing external signals to standard AvBus connectors on development and evaluation boards. The board features two male and two female AvBus connectors which breakout to six MICTOR connectors and four 50-pin (0.1") headers. Power indicator LEDs are provided for +5 and +3.3 VDC " Brian

Reply to
Brian Davis